Tuesday, May 12, 2015

5/4 Weekly Update #31: Andromeda

Dear reader,

Did you know that Messier object M31 is another name for the Andromeda constellation? In Greek mythology, Andromeda was chained to a rock as a sacrifice to a sea monster, but rescued by the hero Perseus. The reason she was chained to the rock was because her mother boasted she was prettier than some of Poseidon's (god of the ocean) daughters. Poseidon demanded Andromeda as sacrifice for her parents' ignorance.

This past week, I have alternately played the role of both Andromeda and Perseus, the savior and the saved. Final Presentation Night is May 15th, and my Final Product is so close to being finished that I can taste it. I have been the savior, because I had the foresight to start on my final product early to allow time for it to develop into something great. I have been the saved because my ISM family has been supporting me through every step of the stressful process of preparing for Final Presentation Night. I will not only present a 30 minute speech over my ISM journey this year, but I also will be basically showing my parents, teachers, mentor, friends, and the general public what I've done this year, and I want to make them see just how much I've accomplished. I went knowing nearly nothing about real-life marketing to completing an advertising campaign of my own. I hope to do my progress justice.

Until next week,
Eileen Bau