Tuesday, May 12, 2015

4/20 Weekly Update #29: Pizza

Dear reader,

It is possible to cut a pizza into a maximum of 29 pieces in seven straight cuts through. The pizza pieces end up looking pretty funky, though. This is kind of how marketing works. You could try to reach many slices of the market, but some of your strategy would probably end up looking kind of funny. It's impossible to hit every target market, and the narrower and more specific a target market is, the easier it is to develop a solid strategy for it.

This past week, I have been continuing to develop my Final Product. I have started drafting my creative brief. Basically, a creative brief is a one-page piece of paper that is supposed to encapsulate the campaign's marketing strategy and inspire the creative team by giving them a good perspective of just what the client wants. Writing the creative brief is a crucial step in the advertising campaign, and I've never done anything like it before. The best way to start is to just take a crack at it. I'll be writing and revising it in the week between my mentor visits, and then revise it again with my mentor.

Until next week,
Eileen Bau