Sunday, November 16, 2014

11/17 Weekly Update #11: Eleventh Hour

Dear reader,

It is the eleventh hour, both figuratively and literally, as I am beginning to write this post at exactly 11:11 (make a wish!), and as Research Showcase is just around the corner. We have only a month left to prepare and polish. Research Showcase is becoming ever more a reality.

Research Showcase is one of the biggest events of the year. Basically, all ISM students put together a tri-fold reflecting the work done in the year so far, and invite the greater public to come by and observe and engage with it. If you remember, in a previous post I talked about putting together a display-board plan. This week, I must make that plan a reality.

However, before we get too far ahead of ourselves, here's the recap of what I did this past week:
1) I set up several interview with an advertising agency in Dallas (which I am extremely excited about).
2) I re-watched the video recording of my Research Speech (and made many notes of what to improve on).
3) I started technically planning my board (figuring dimensions of things, cost, etc.)

I doesn't sound like I did anything super remarkable, but I have to remind you that ISM is not all glamour and success. ISM is hard work and getting stuck and picking your brain. And sometimes, the week just seems so slow. But weeks like this are what make up the backbone of my journey. Weeks like this are where I have to force myself to focus, to keep pushing. Weeks like this are what help me prove to myself that I am wholly committed to this endeavor, because if I can grind through the grit, I can bring myself one step closer to success. Weeks like this are the best, and simultaneously the worst.

Until next time,
Eileen Bau