Sunday, December 7, 2014

12/8 Weekly Update #13: Lucky Number 13

Dear reader,

By this time next week, I will be within 24 hours of Research Showcase. This past week has been a continuation of working on my board, straightening out my portfolio, and starting my original work.

However, I'd like to first explain why this post is entitled Lucky number 13 instead of Unlucky number 13. You see, the successful singer Taylor Swift's lucky is 13. Taking inspiration from her success, I, too have decided to be optimistic about this traditionally negative number and perhaps turn it into something positive. With this week, I think I'm on that track.

My original work, which is a entirely original piece of research that I produce by myself on any topic in Marketing, is coming into shape. I wrote my original work proposal this week detailing what I want to do, how I'm going to do it, and why I wanted to do it. It's going to be over packaging, specifically how age and ethnicity influence a person's packaging preference. Packaging is one of the most overlooked things by the common person in the Marketing field because it seems like a minute detail, but it has such a large impact on how a product is received. As my original work develops, I will continue to share details with you.

In other news, my board has finally become what I thought it would look like (pictures uploaded later), and I'm working on the final bit (a billboard that will hopefully light up). As research showcase draws near, the pressure to be perfect for it increases. But I'm okay with that, because sometimes a little pressure is what I need to push me into taking that extra step and doing better than expected.

Until next time,
Eileen Bau