Sunday, October 19, 2014

10/20 Weekly Update #7: Lucky Number Seven

Dear Reader,

Seven is an especially important number to me. Not only is it my favorite number, but it has also been the number on the back of my soccer jersey for the past couple of years. I've always believed that seven really is lucky, and it's been proved once again this week.

Although I only had one interview this week, and didn't have anything major like last week's Business Symposium, I consider this week lucky because it gave me what I needed most: time. With all of the preparation that had gone into Business Symposium and conducting 3-4 research interviews per week for the past two weeks, I haven't really had time to sit down and absorb everything I've learned.

This week, I wrote several assessments over my previous interview and Business Symposium. Not only do these assessments serve as documentation, they're also a tool for me to re-visit what I've learned and to file it permanently in my mental storage. This week has been all about mental growth and planning. Sometimes, the most productive weeks are the least productive weeks on paper.

In other news, I have finally placed the order for the books What Great Brands Do by Denise Lee Yohn and Aaker on Branding by David Aaker, which were recommended to me by a very esteemed professor I interviewed. I am ridiculously excited to start reading them. Hopefully, Amazon lives up to its brand promise of fast shipping. Wish me luck.

Until next time,
Eileen Bau (#7)